To begin, a definition:
“Career Guidance refers to services and activities intended to assist individuals, of any age and at any point throughout their lives, to make educational, training and occupational choices to manage their Career.”
Some examples of the above could be:
- Moving from Secondary Education to Further Education
- From Employment to Redundancy
- From HM Forces to Civilian life
- Returning to the Labour Market after period away
- From Employment to Retirement
- Moving from Abroad to the UK
The above are just a few examples of the interventions/occurrences which may occur in your life.
The process of helping an individual to make well-informed and realistic career decisions which are right for them, to implement them and cope with the transitions you will incur.
As an Adviser, I look to help you realize your potential. Usually this will involve managing transition, study, training or employment.